If you are considering visiting Poland to visit your ancestral homeland, I have some advice that can help make your trip much more enjoyable.
For first time travelers, view my page titled “Traveling to Poland”. This was created based on my own travel experiences. It gives you an idea of what to expect and bring for a better overall experience.
POLAND TRIP 2017
My next schedule trip to Poland is May 2017. I’m looking forward to finally meeting my maternal grandmothers family after searching for them on and off for nearly 30 years.
In August 2015, my wife Denise and I took a trip to Poland. Read about our custom guided genealogy tour with PolishOrigins.com.
- Poland Trip Part 1 – The itinerary, plane ticket glitch and cancellations, oh my!
- Poland Trip Part 2 – Torun, Poland
- Poland Trip Part 3 – Skulsk, Warzymowo, Konin and Lichen Stray
- Poland Trip Part 4– Travel from Skulsk to the Świętokrzyskie Voivodeship
- Poland Trip Part 5 – Kotuszow
- Poland Trip Part 6 – Olesnica & Pacanow, Swietokrzyskie Poland
- Poland Trip Part 7 – Pysznica, Kopki, Rudnik & Lublin
- Poland Trip Part 8 – Sandomierz, Koprzywnica and Taranow
- Poland Trip Part 9 – Krakow
- Poland Trip Part 10 – Auschwitz-Birkenau Meseum
- Poland Trip Part 11 – The Black Madonna of Czestochowa
- Poland Trip Part 12 – Wieliczka Salt Mines
- Poland Trip Part 13 – Krakow to Warsaw by train
- Poland Trip Part 14 – Warsaw
In August 2013, I took my maiden voyage to Poland to meet a cousin I’d found while tracing my family genealogy. Our families had not had contact since 1961 after my grandfather had passed.
(Coming Late 2017)